The inside of the human body is a noisy place. Air comes in and out of the lungs all the time. Another noisy organ is the heart, which beats 24 hours a day to maintain circulation. All kinds of acidic enzymes are constantly turning in the stomach, causing many kinds of grunting and growling. Coughing, chewing, hiccup and crackling are just a few of the other sounds that form a unique symphony of body sounds.
While a healthy body makes all kinds of noises, certain types of body sounds can indicate a health problem. The fruit is a vascular sound indicating a partially blocked artery. People with ischaemic heart disease usually have an irregular heartbeat. Asthma patients and people suffering from diseases such as pneumonia often make clicking or rattling noises when they breathe.
If you are a healthcare professional or are learning to become one, it makes sense to purchase your own stethoscope. The more experience you have with the stethoscope, the more accurate your diagnosis will be. Every stethoscope is different. The length of the tube, the type of lumen and the materials used are just a few factors that can influence the sound quality.
Here are the best stethoscopes you can buy:
- TheLittmann Classic III stethoscope combines high-quality building materials with a reasonable price and excellent performance.
- Those who can afford to spend about $200 should consider buying the Littmann stethoscope, a master’s degree in cardiology. Functions such as a double light and a special treatment nozzle give it extra sensitivity.
- The FriCARE two-head stethoscope is similar to the Littman Classic III, but is considerably cheaper. If you want to save money, take a look at this document.
- Veterinarians and people with sick animals will want to check the Prestige Medicalstethoscope of Veterinary Clinic I. It has a very long tube, which is often useful when working with animals.
- The LotFancy Stethoscope Travel Kit includes not only a high quality stethoscope, but also a sphygmomanometer with five different cuffs and an illuminated pen. Everything fits in the included travel bag.
Best universal stethoscope
Littmann Classic III
The Littmann series of stethoscopes enjoys an excellent reputation among healthcare professionals. The problem is that many first class Littman stethoscopes are too expensive for some people. The model Classic III appears here. It combines a more affordable price with robust performance and durable construction. The fact that you can choose from a wide range of colours and styles is also a nice plus.
- Built a long time ago. The latex-free rubber hose is specially designed to withstand wear and tear.
- Ideal for adults and children. The baby side of the breast is specially designed for children.
- Captures low and high frequency sounds. Use a light touch to pick up low frequency sounds and firm pressure to hear higher frequencies.
- Easy to maintain. Simply rinse with soap and water or 70% isopropyl solution after each use.
- The serial number unlocks the Littman learning application. Listen to common sounds and get tips for receiving and evaluating stethoscope measurements with the Littmann Learning Institute application.
- There are many different colours and styles. Choose from seven different chest pictures and more than 20 different tube colors.
- 5 year warranty. If a material or manufacturing defect occurs during the warranty period, Littmann will replace or repair your Class III free of charge.
- Single light tube. Because this stethoscope has only one light, all sounds pass through a tube. It can therefore be difficult to identify the subtle sounds that are best audible with a dual-light stethoscope.
Buy Classic III Littmann on Amazon
Best high performance stethoscope for doctors and medical students
Littmann Stethoscope for Cardiology
Medical students and doctors sometimes have to listen to subtle clues. To do this, they need a stethoscope that is able to capture additional sounds. That’s why the Littmann stethoscope is equipped with two lumens instead of one. This double lumen channel sounds more efficient and clearer than stethoscopes that only have one lumen.
- Increased sensitivity to sound. This dual-light stethoscope is designed to send two separate sound signals to the left and right ear.
- General. Like other Littman stethoscopes, this stethoscope has a double-sided chest that can be used in both bell and aperture mode.
- Robust construction. According to Littmann, parts of the stethoscope were assembled by hand.
- Supplied with an adapter for special procedures. The adapter slides down through the diaphragm and makes it possible to listen to the carotid artery and other small parts of the body.
- The serial number is used to unlock the Littman training application. Enter the premium content of the Littmann Learning Institute application by selecting the serial number.
- Choose one of six different colors. The colours of the tubes are black, burgundy, blue, green, navy blue and plum.
- 7 year warranty. If your stethoscope becomes defective during the warranty period due to a material or manufacturing defect, Littmann will repair it for you or send you a new stethoscope free of charge.
- Costs compared to simpler stethoscopes. This high-end stethoscope is about twice as expensive as the Littman Classic III.
Littmann Stethoscope for Cardiology buy, Master of Cardiology at Amazon
Best budget stethoscope
Littman’s stethoscopes are excellent, but at the same time a bit expensive. If you are a student or just want to use a stethoscope at home, it may be useful to use a different brand. The FriCARE dual head stethoscope is a high-quality but affordable device that not only offers robust performance but also a lifetime warranty.
- Not expensive. This stethoscope is similar to Littman’s mid-size models, but is not that expensive.
- Two-way chest tube. The chest has a low-frequency side and a low-frequency side.
- Supplied with a nameplate and many other accessories Other accessories that come with this stethoscope are interchangeable earplugs and an extra membrane.
- Adjustable landing. You can adjust the spring tension according to your comfort needs.
- Very thick tube. Heavy hoses are designed to withstand wear and tear.
- Lightweight. Instead of stainless steel, FriCARE decided to build a binaural stethoscope in lightweight aluminium.
- Lifetime Warranty. The guarantee guarantees that if something happens to your stethoscope, FriCARE will repair or replace it free of charge.
- All tones pass through a tube. Its single-light design means it is not as sensitive as two-light stethoscopes.
Buy AmazonFriCARE Dual Head Stethoscope
Best veterinary stethoscope for pets
Prestigious Veterinary Medical Hospital I
If your pet is sick, your vet’s stethoscope can help you understand your pet’s health problems – and respond intelligently when he needs help. Stethoscopes used in animals are almost the same as conventional stethoscopes, with one important difference: The tube is longer. The Prestige Medical Clinical Veterinary Stethoscope is an excellent choice for pet owners and veterinarians because it is easy to use, affordable and in the event of a malfunction you can return it to the manufacturer and get a new one free of charge.
- Earphones block out ambient noise. This function is especially useful when the environment is noisy.
- Extra long tube. A 33-inch tube makes it possible to measure from a distance.
- Two-headed drawing. Use the side of the bell to measure low frequency sounds and the other side to measure higher frequencies.
- Crisp sound. Looks like the heartbeat’s clear.
- Can be used in humans and animals. If you need to use this stethoscope on a person, you can do that.
- Easy to use and maintain. Simply rinse the stethoscope with soap and water after each measurement to ensure that the stethoscope is free of germs and impurities.
- Lifetime Warranty. Prestige Medical will send you spare parts free of charge if they are worn out and you need a replacement.
- Too large for use with small animals. The breast is too big for babies and small animals.
BuyPrestige Veterinary Clinic I from Amazon
Best Stethoscope Street Kit
Lotfancy Stethoscope travel set
This LotFancy stethoscope kit is quite large. You get a good quality stethoscope, a sphygmomanometer for measuring blood pressure, a flashlight and a travel bag. The good thing about the sphygmomanometer is that it comes with five different handcuffs. The stethoscope is made of stainless steel and high quality rubber. The chest is rotatable so you can hear a wide range of frequencies.
- High quality duplex stethoscope. In iris mode, the stethoscope can be used to hear high-frequency sounds. In ringtone mode, you can hear the low and mid tones.
- Sphygmomanometer. Five different cuff sizes make it possible to use the sphygmomanometer for babies, children and adults. There’s even a large cuff for the hips.
- LED handle. A light pencil is useful for checking the eyes, ears and throat.
- Travel bag. Everything that comes with a LotFancy stethoscope fits perfectly in a handy travel bag.
- Excellent value. All the tools are of good quality, but at a very reasonable price.
- Useful in emergency situations. Keep the kit at home or at the office in case an emergency situation requires its use.
- Latex-free. The sphygmomanometer cuffs are latex-free and stethoscopic.
- Blood pressure cuffs tend to fall out of pockets. If you are not careful when opening a travel bag, the cuffs of the blood pressure monitor may come out and fall out of your pockets.
Buy AmazonLotFancyStethoscope Roadside Kit
Stethoscope purchasing guide
Littmann Splash, or a quality alternative?
Despite the fact that there are many good stethoscope manufacturers, the Littmann brand has more prestige than most others. You may or may not care, depending on your preferences and the stage of your career – but before you buy it, you need to think about something.
If you are only interested in basic auscultation tasks, such as listening to your heartbeat, you may not need much sensitivity. However, if you want to capture more subtle sounds, you can invest in a stethoscope with two lumens instead of one. However, improving sound quality will cost you a penny. Littman’s most sensitive two-light stethoscope is almost twice as expensive as the company’s single-light model.
What accessories are supplied?
Some stethoscopes are equipped with an adapter that makes it easier to auscultate the carotid artery and other parts of the body that are difficult to hear with a standard chest tube. Stethoscope kits are usually supplied with sphygmomanometers and other useful tools.
Warranty, return policy and after-sales service
Unfortunately, there is no way to try the stethoscope before you buy it through Amazon. However, many stethoscope manufacturers offer you the option of returning your product for a refund if you don’t like it or if something is wrong. It is advisable to consult the manufacturer’s product page for this information before purchasing.
Materials used in construction
Is your stethoscope a little heavy? If this is not the case, you can use the stainless steel. Aluminium stethoscopes are just as stable, but lighter. All of the above stethoscopes are latex-free. This is useful because some people develop symptoms such as hives or itchy skin on contact with this drug.
Type and length of hose
Long tube stethoscopes are useful for auscultating animals because you may need to keep a certain distance to work with them. On the other hand, a longer pipe means less portability.
Colour and style options
More and more stethoscope manufacturers are offering their customers the opportunity to design the appearance of their products individually. If you want to stand out or just add a little spice to your look, there is a wide range of different prints and colours available.
Simple stethoscopes are not as sensitive as medium or high quality stethoscopes, but they can pick up basic sounds. Prices start at about $25.
If you’re willing to pay $60-80, you can get a stethoscope set. Littman single-light stethoscopes are also in this price range.
The higher stethoscopes are sensitive enough to absorb subtle sounds and are equipped with special adapters that make it easier to hear small parts of the body. Expect to pay $100 or more for a high-quality, dual-light stethoscope.
Frequently asked questions
V: When and how should I clean my stethoscope?
A : After each use, simply rinse with soap and water. Alternatively, a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution or cloth can be used. Hand sanitizer should not be used to clean the stethoscope as the chemicals it contains are known to damage parts of the stethoscope. It is also not a good idea to store the stethoscope in a water bath for a longer period of time, as this can lead to the collapse of the stethoscope.
V: How to wear a stethoscope correctly
A : Over time, contact with the skin may wear away the rubber part of the stethoscope. That’s why most doctors wear their stethoscopes on their shirts. Also make sure the binaural system is facing your nose when you insert the stethoscope into your ears. The ear canals are slightly tilted forward, so stethoscopes are constructed this way.
V: I’ve never used a stethoscope before. Do I need a cardiac or stethoscope for general care?
A : If you are trained as a nurse, a stethoscope for general care may suffice. However, if you get a cardiac ethoscope, you can gain more experience by listening to more detailed sounds. This insight can help your career, based on your career goals.
Tips and tricks
- If you are using a stethoscope, do not try to keep your thumb on your chest as this may interfere with the sound. Hearing artifacts can disrupt your accurate auscultation.
- Some doctors listen to their patients through their shirts when they’re in a hurry. This is acceptable, but for best results, the tip of the breast should be placed directly on the patient’s skin. Clothing can absorb subtle body sounds.
- If your patient has poor hearing, you can connect your stethoscope to his ears and talk into his chest. This makes your voice louder and your patient can hear you better.
best veterinary stethoscope 2019,best stethoscope for cardiologist,best stethoscope for doctors 2019,best stethoscope for nurses 2019,best stethoscope for doctors 2018,best stethoscope for nurses 2018,littmann stethoscope,best stethoscope brands in india
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.